Mark Labbett: The Chase star says no chance of Strictly debut after being turned down
The Chase: Mark Labbett offers contestant £30,000
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Mark Labbett, who is best known as The Beast on The Chase, admitted he would love to switch his quizzing skills for the dancefloor. The ITV favourite explained that the opportunity to appear on Strictly Come Dancing may not come to fruition anytime soon.
The 55-year-old dished on the reality series he would like to take part in and admitted the BBC dance competition would be a likely contender.
But the Chaser revealed he had been informed that it may not be feasible to be paired with a professional female dancer due to his 6ft 7in height.
The small-screen star explained he had been told behind the scenes that his Strictly debut was unlikely.
Mark explained: “With Strictly, I’ve been told that unfortunately, you’ve got no chance.
“We can’t find a female dancer tall enough to be with you but I’d love to do it.”
The quizmaster added that he believed there were other “practical matters” which may impact his chances of taking to the dancefloor.
“I suspect there are practical matters not least of which that the Celebrity Chase is up against Strictly,” Mark commented.
“So the powers that be on both BBC and ITV might have a view they don’t want any of the Chasers on Strictly Come Dancing.”
Express.co.uk has contacted Strictly Come Dancing representatives for comment.
The BBC One dance show has been on our screens for 16 years now, with a total of 18 series aired.
Usually, the series kicks off in September, however, the 18th series started a little later due to the pandemic and had a shorter run.
The show has featured some of the nation’s popular celebrity faces including Susanna Reid, Stacey Dooley and Kelvin Fletcher.
‘Not far enough!’ BBC torn apart for ‘pitiful’ pay cut for top earners[LATEST]
Susanna Reid bids farewell to ITV colleague as they announce GMB exit[TV]
Graham Norton and Claudia Winkleman crash out of BBC top earning list[BBC]
Meanwhile, Mark recently revealed that he has lost nearly 10 stone during the recent lockdown.
In 2003, Mark tipped the scales at 29 stone, but after shedding the pounds, he now weighs in at 19 stone.
The Chaser opened up about the TV moment which sparked his staggering loss before he was diagnosed with diabetes.
“With hindsight, when I did Sugar Free Farm, I reckon I was possibly diabetic then,” Mark explained.
“And although they did a whole battery of tests on me the one thing they never did was test us for diabetes. I’m certain I was either diabetic then or pre-diabetic.”
Mark was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2017 and has continued his quest to lose weight over the years.
“I’ve still got a way to go. It turned out a couple of years ago I wasn’t far away from being nondiabetic,” he said. “I got pretty close to it. Unfortunately, I let myself go a bit because I didn’t know at the time.”
Mark has since teamed up with Fitbit and Diabetes UK – the leading charity for people affected by diabetes – for the One Million Step Challenge.
Fitbit will support the One Million Step Challenge which takes place across a three-month period from July 1 until September 30.
Please find a link to the challenge here.
Source: Read Full Article