Chocolate muffin recipe – batch cooking with kids
I DON'T need an excuse to get baking, and it’s a great activity to do with the kids.
So this week I bring you chocolate muffins – a delicious treat to enjoy with a cuppa or even pack up in a picnic.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 13-15 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g margarine or butter
- 1 1/2tbsp cocoa powder
For the icing:
- 300g icing sugar
- 150g soft butter
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2tbsp boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6 and line a 12-muffin tin with cases.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk or wooden spoon, mix it together until you get a smooth batter.
- Use tablespoons to transfer the batter into each muffin case so they are all ¾ full.
- Pop the tray in the oven for 13-15 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool before icing. If freezing, wait until you have defrosted the muffins to ice them.
- To make the icing, add the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and use an electric whisk to give it all a good mix. You may want to add a tablespoon of boiling water to loosen the icing and make it easier to decorate your muffins.
- Once the muffins have fully cooled, get icing!
Ready to freeze: If freezing, do not add icing as it will go soggy. Freeze all your muffins in a reusable freezer bag and ice when you want them.
Ready to eat: Remove the muffins from the freezer and defrost for around 45 minutes. Once fully defrosted, make up your icing and pipe or spoon on the top.
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.
Source: Read Full Article