How to make iced coffee at home and will instant coffee work? – The Sun
WHEN the weather heats up, so does the popularity of iced coffee but instead of buying one from a cafe, you could make it from home.
This step-by-step guide will show you exactly how to create your own drink from the comfort of your own home (wonderful, right?).
What do I need to make iced coffee?
You'll be pleased to hear the ingredients you'll need are fairly straightforward and simple, and there aren't that many.
You'll need coffee (obviously), milk, ice cubes, sugar (if you want a sweeter edge to your drink), a container to let it cool in and one to serve in.
If you want a proper iced frappe you'll need a blender, and flavourings such as vanilla or caramel are also optional.
Cream can be added if you'd rather your drink was thicker.
Will instant coffee work?
It definitely will, as long as you have diluted liquid coffee it doesn't really matter what kind it is.
Obviously, if you're a bit of a coffee snob you might want to stick to the proper brewed stuff, but if you're after a simple quick and easy drink then your standard granules will work.
How can I make it?
With a blender:
If you use a blender you can make your own Starbucks-worthy Frappuchino.
- Pour a cup of freshly brewed coffee into a blender, adding some crushed ice cubes and around about a quarter of a cup of milk (for one serving).
- Add any flavourings if you want to and then blend until thick, around 8-12 seconds.
- Serve in a lovely glass and enjoy!
Without a blender:
If you're not a proud owner of a blender, you can still enjoy a (n)ice coffee.
However, you'll need to have some patience as it'll take a few hours from scratch!
- Brew your coffee hot (or dissolve granules in hot water) and make it very strong as it'll be diluted with ice and milk.
- If you want some, add the sugar before the drink cools down.
- Transfer the coffee into a glass container to cool at room temperature for an hour.
- Move to the fridge to cool for two hours.
- Serve in a tall glass, add a few ice cubes and milk or cream and stir well.
How can I make them look great?
Some say it's all in the presentation.. and by some we mean us!
Etsy has some beautiful glasses to serve your iced coffee in, including these personalised Starbucks tumblers.
If you wanna dial it up a few notches of extra, then this set of four drinking jars from Amazon will send you to Pintrest heaven.
Source: Read Full Article