Shocking photos shared by cosmetic doc shows how your side sleeping position causes wrinkles & six ways to prevent them
COSMETIC doctors have shared striking photos that reveal how sleeping on your side can cause wrinkles.
The images show how your skin squishes during the night if you place your cheek on a pillow.
Instagram account DrMediSpa Clinics, who are based in Marylebone, Essex and Knightsbridge, helpfully shared six ways you can prevent wrinkles too.
They wrote: “How to prevent wrinkles whilst you sleep?”
The doctor-led team advised the best thing you can do is sleep on your back.
They wrote: “A study in 2012 showed that sleeping on your side can cause an increase in 'crow's feet' fine lines, lines around the mouth, flattening of the forehead, blunting of the nasofrontal angle, melolabial and nasolabial folds.”
The second tip was to buy a contoured pillow to “distribute the weight equally” and the third was to get a pillow case made from silk or satin.
The team then advised you use retinol or bakuchiol at night, and they “prefer to use these ingredients in an oil base to help retain moisture.”
Another key piece of advice was to ensure you get between seven to eight hours of sleep each night and said this was key for preventing wrinkles.
DRMEDI SPA’S TOP WAYS TO PREVENT WRINKES
1. Try to sleep on your back. A study in 2012 showed that sleeping on your side can cause an increase in 'crow's feet' fine lines, lines around the mouth, flattening of the forehead, blunting of the nasofrontal angle, melolabial and nasolabial folds.
2. Buy a special pillow: a contoured pillow to distribute the weight equally is essential.
3. Upgrade your pillowcase: use silk or satin.
4. Use a retinol or bakuchiol at night. I prefer to use these ingredients in an oil base to help retain moisture.
5. Have enough sleep! Sleeping 7-8 hours is optimum for preventing wrinkles.
6. Facial massage in the morning to promote blood flow to areas under pressure. I do my Face Fit exercises every morning in the shower.'
Finally, facial massages in the morning can help to promote blood flow to areas under pressure.
They advised to do facial exercises every morning in the shower.
Many people were shocked by the photos, with one saying: “Teach me your ways!! It’s so hard, I try every night!”
Another added: “Back sleeping gives me sleep paralysis.”
We shared how a woman gets sun damage and wrinkles on ONE side of her face after sitting next to window at work for years.
In related news, this mum-of-three who ‘gets ID’ed at 35’ says £1.50 Savlon antiseptic cream is the key to a fresh complexion.
Source: Read Full Article