Fat loss dietitian: The five lessons I taught my clients this week

Fat loss dietitian: These are the five lessons I taught my clients this week – and why you can have a drink and be lean

  • Leanne Ward said you don’t need to eat healthily all the time to stay lean
  • Said it’s possible to skip workout sessions and be in shape if you adjust 

A fat loss dietitian has shared the five lessons she teaches her clients on a regular basis, and why you need to stop ‘overcomplicating’ fat loss if you want to see results.

Leanne Ward, from Brisbane, said when it comes to weight loss, often we are our own worst enemies – and in fact, you don’t need to be ‘perfect’ in order to get results.

‘There’s a lot that goes into sustainable fat loss but here are a few small lessons I taught my clients this week to ensure they still achieved results, despite not being “perfect” this week,’ Leanne posted on Instagram. 

A fat loss dietitian shared the five lessons she teaches her clients on a regular basis, and why you need to stop ‘overcomplicating’ fat loss if you want to see results (Leanne Ward pictured)

 1. Quick and easy is nutritious

The first lesson the dietitian teaches her clients is that quick and easy is just as nutritious as something that takes hours to make from scratch.

‘Results don’t have to come from home-cooked, clean meals 100 per cent of the time,’ Leanne said.

Instead, something that’s easy like packet stir fry veg, noodles and tuna is an easy but delicious and nutritious meal.

The first lesson the dietitian teaches her clients is that quick and easy is just as nutritious as something that takes hours to make from scratch (meals pictured)

2. You can overeat and still achieve fat loss

In a similar vein, Leanne said it is possible to overeat and still achieve fat loss – provided you don’t do it 100 per cent of the time.

‘As long as you adjust for the rest of the week, you can have a little bit of what you love here and there,’ Leanne said.

She generally follows the 80/20 approach, whereby she eats healthily 80 per cent of the time and eats a little of what she loves for the remaining 20 per cent.

This might be a square or two of chocolate or a glass of red wine.

3. Eating out and drinking can be okay

Lots of people who are on a weight loss journey still like to eat out here and there and enjoy a drink come Friday. 

And the dietitian said it is possible, provided you compromise on both. 

The easiest way to do this is to follow the 80/20 approach – so eat healthily Monday to Friday, and then have a little of what you love at the weekend.

Finally, the dietitian (pictured) said that you need to think of 1-2 things that you do the most, and remember that they give you ’80 per cent of the results’

4. You can skip workout sessions

If you feel tired or like you’ve done one too many sessions at the gym, Leanne said you can miss one here and there – and you don’t need to spend hours feeling guilty.

‘If you skip a gym session, just adjust your nutrition to compensate if the goal is fat loss,’ Leanne said. 

Finally, the dietitian (pictured) said that you need to think of 1-2 things that you do the most, and remember that they give you ’80 per cent of the results’

5. Remember the top 1-2 things give results

Finally, the dietitian said that you need to think of 1-2 things that you do the most, and remember that they give you ’80 per cent of the results’.

‘You don’t need to do everything consistently, you just need to do these two things consistently, and you’ll get the results,’ Leanne said.

Hundreds who saw Leanne’s post were quick to thank her for sharing it, writing ‘great advice – thank you’ and ‘these are awesome’.

Source: Read Full Article