'Game of Thrones,' 'Westworld' to Return to San Diego Comic-Con's Hall H

HBO also brings “His Dark Materials” after skipping 2018

HBO

HBO is bringing “Game of Thrones” back to San Diego Comic-Con’s Hall H next month for a final-season victory lap a year after skipping the convention entirely. And along with the recently concluded hit series, the network will also hold panels for “Westworld” and “His Dark Materials.”

Happening Friday, July 19 at 5:30 , the last-ever “Game of Thrones” Hall H panel will be packed with key cast, including Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei of Naath), Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont), Conleth Hill (Varys), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark).

Series creators and showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will also attend along with director and executive producer Miguel Sapochnik, who helmed Season 8 episodes “The Long Night” and “The Bells.”

The “His Dark Materials” panel happens the day before, on Thursday July 18 at 4:45 p.m. In attendance will be cast members James McAvoy (Lord Asriel), Dafne Keen (Lyra), Lin-Manuel Miranda (Lee Scoresby), executive producer Jane Tranter (executive producer) and Ruth Wilson (Mrs. Coulter).

Finally, the “Westworld” panel happens Saturday, July 20 at 1:15 p.m. Attending will be creators, executive producers and directors Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, plus cast members (in alphabetical order): Ed Harris, Thandie Newton, Aaron Paul, Tessa Thompson, Evan Rachel Wood and Jeffrey Wright.

HBO will also be holding what it’s calling “a surprise in-world opportunity” for its upcoming “Watchmen” series somewhere in San Diego’s Gaslamp quarter, details TBD.

“Game of Thrones” did not have a presence at the fan convention last year, as HBO decided to skip the event entirely, citing production schedule conflicts for both the fantasy epic and “Westworld.”

“Due to production schedules and air dates for ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Westworld,’ these series will not be presented at San Diego Comic-Con this summer,” the network said in a statement at the time. “HBO has a longstanding relationship with SDCC, and we are very grateful for the fans’ enthusiastic response over the years. We look forward to returning in the future.”

Last year’s skip marked the first time “Game of Thrones” was absent from the convention since it debuted in 2011.

Source: Read Full Article

Brit diner spots error in Wetherspoons menu that could leave customers out of pocket

Paul Kendrick visited the Duke of Wellington, in Minehead, Somerset, on Sunday afternoon for food and drinks.

But he was left baffled after scanning through the chain pub’s “two meals for £9.68” section.

The section implied that hungry customers could save some money with the deal.

And if diners instead opted for one British steak and kidney pie and a creamy mushroom risotto, this would add up to £9.85 – just 4p off the deal.

A bemused Paul took to Twitter to share his discovery, sharing a picture of the menu error with the caption: “Wetherspoons (in) Minehead. Thieving b******s.

A spokesman for J D Wetherspoon later told SomersetLive that they are in the process of fixing this “anomaly”.

He said: “We are grateful for the customer and Somerset Live for bringing this to our attention.

“This is an anomaly and we will address this.

“The tills at the pub will only charge the lower individual prices to give the best deal, even if two meals are ordered.”

  • Wetherspoons

Source: Read Full Article

Meghan Markle Majorly Upgraded Her Engagement Ring — Here’s How to Get Her Look for Less

You don’t have to marry a prince to wear a royal-worthy rock on your finger! 

Ever since we caught a glimpse of Meghan Markle’s engagement ring circa November 2017, we’ve been obsessed with finding one for ourselves (no proposal necessary). So when we noticed that she recently made a major upgrade to the sparkling stunner, we sat up and took note.

Her original ring, which was designed by Prince Harry, features three stones set on a simple 14-karat yellow gold band. But during her Trooping the Colour appearance, royal fans noticed the Duchess’ trio of diamonds was set on a new, smaller, micro-pavé band (though the upgraded ring was actually first debuted along with baby Archie).

Meghan has been a longtime fan of delicate jewelry, and her new engagement ring band fits perfectly with her style. As it turns out, you don’t need a Duchess budget to score a similar ring for yourself. Whether you loved her original simple band or are digging her new micro-pavé band, we found tons of fun sparkling stunners inspired by Meghan’s new and former engagement ring that you can score for way less. 

Scroll down to shop them, including this gorgeous Nadri ring that’s nearly identical and only $60. 

 

Buy It! Nadri Cubic Zirconia Ring, $60; nordstrom.com

Buy It! Clara Pucci 2.2 Ct Round Cut Pave Three Stone Accent Promise Bridal Anniversary Engagement Wedding Band Ring 14K Yellow Gold, $255; amazon.com

Buy It! Sterling Silver 14K Gold Plated 3 Stone Marquise Cut Cubic Zirconia Engagement Ring, $29.99; walmart.com

Buy It! Nadri Bypass Cubic Zirconia Ring, $65; nordstrom.com

Source: Read Full Article

8 People Shared The Most Romantic Part Of Their Wedding & My Heart Can’t Take It

Wedding season is upon us. Did you just audibly sigh? Listen, I get it, it’s so easy to be cynical about weddings since they frequently come with a hefty price tag and plenty of the potential for family and friend drama. That can make it easy to lose sight of the fact that, at their core, weddings are about two people who love one another committing to share their lives — through all the good and bad. That. Is. Awesome. They’re also pretty romantic, so when people shared the most romantic part of their wedding on Reddit, I’m not gonna lie, it made me get a little emotional.

There is just something about these firsthand accounts of the quiet, private moments that really mattered on their wedding day that just makes you forget all about the wedding industrial complex trying to upsell you on wedding favors and embossed saved the date cards. The place-setting strife and bridesmaid infighting just melts away. I’m joking, obviously — that stuff is still a bummer, but it’s a great reminder of why all the hard work of putting together this big event is worth it. It’s all about the love. Hey, when did I get so sentimental? Probably about halfway through reading these stories. Grab a tissue.

When the groom paused the dance for a perfect reason.

— u/notfrandrescher

Their revealing first night together after the ceremony.

— u/Top_Wop

When everything else just disappeared.

— u/kthriller

When the groom cried tears of joy.

— u/writingaboutrain

The moment their happily ever after began.

— u/secretfb

The first time he set eyes on his bride.

— u/Dylan_Innes

A moment right out of the movies.

— u/insertanynamehere

A “wonderful” way to start their married life.

— u/X-Mom

Stop, it’s too sweet. OK, maybe wedding season is actually pretty great, especially if it means you’ll get to be a part of or witness too moments like these.

Source: Read Full Article

Anthony Mackie Just Opened Up About His New Role In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

🚨Warning: There are MASSIVE Avengers: Endgame spoilers ahead!🚨

So, if you’ve seen Avengers: Endgame, you probably have a ton of questions about what’s next for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Anthony’s new role has felt like a dream, especially when he filmed the moment in Endgame when he got to hold Cap’s shield for the first time.

After taking a break from acting, he began emailing Marvel asking for ANY role in their cinematic universe.

Also, don’t worry, Anthony isn’t leaving the MCU anytime soon. He initially signed up for TEN Marvel films.

And no, he’s still not sure if he’ll be playing Falcon or Captain America or even both in the new show.

Basically I’m just so excited for Anthony Mackie and his future with the MCU!

You can read Anthony’s full interview with Men’s Health HERE.

Source: Read Full Article

My Absolute Boyfriend: K-Drama remake of J-Drama bombing in Korea but finds international audience

My Absolute Boyfriend, the K-drama currently airing on the Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), is the latest series to have differing levels of popularity among domestic viewers in Korea and international viewers.

This continues a growing trend of unpopular K-dramas in Korea recuperating their losses through international popularity and appeal. This is a good thing for Korean networks as K-dramas like My Absolute Boyfriend would have been simply considered a loss in the past.

The numbers don’t lie for domestic and international viewers

In Korea, My Absolute Boyfriend was somewhat doomed even before the K-drama aired. For starters, it is based on an old J-Drama, one that aired more than a decade ago. The “old story” did not spark the interest of K-drama viewers, especially those who may have already seen the J-Drama.

Nevertheless, SBS still went forward with My Absolute Boyfriend and the ratings have been dismal ever since. According to AGB Nielsen Korea, every episode has received a single digit viewership rating for the nation. Not only that, not one episode has surpassed four percent. That is really bad.

My Absolute Boyfriend does hold one record and it is one not worth having. As of right now, it is the K-drama to have the lowest viewership ratings for any episode in SBS K-drama history.

Their 17th and 18th episodes airing on June 12, 2019, both received 1.8 percent. It still doesn’t beat the Korean Broadcasting System 2’s K-drama, Manhole, at 1.4 percent, but it is really close.

Internationally, My Absolute Boyfriend is one of the more popular K-dramas to air. For American viewers via Rakuten Viki, it is the second most-popular K-drama this week right behind Her Private Life. It has an average rating of 9.4 out of 10 stars among over 2,500 ratings and over 66,000 followers.

Girl meets boy meets robot

It is possible that SBS wanted to remake My Absolute Boyfriend because of the sudden spike in “robot romance” K-dramas. Starring Yeo Jin-Goo, Bang Min-Ah, and Hong Jong-Hyun, the trio bring the J-Drama to Korean (and international) audiences.

Um Da-da (Min-Ah) swears off men after a horrible breakup with her last boyfriend. But things change when she receives a package containing Zero Nine (Jin-Goo).

Via “accidental kiss,” Da-da activates Zero Nine and the latter takes the former as his girlfriend and gives his selfless love and dedication to her. In turn, Da-da slowly begins to learn more about true love. Things, however, could get messy when Ma Wang-Joon (Jung-Hyun) arrives in their lives and he tries to win back Da-da.

My Absolute Boyfriend is currently airing on SBS. Upcoming episodes will air on Wednesday and Thursdays at 10 p.m. KST. For international audiences specifically in the Americas, it is available to watch for free, with ads, on Rakuten Viki.

Source: Read Full Article

Kingston man charged with forcible confinement in Peterborough

A Kingston man is facing charges, including forcible confinement, following a Wednesday night incident, police say.

Peterborough police say that around 11:45 p.m., officers were called to a local residence for reports of a domestic incident. Police say a man allegedly assaulted a woman and prevented her from leaving the residence.

Police allege that when another man attempted to intervene, the accused also assaulted him.

The 41-year-old man was arrested and charged with forcible confinement, assault with a weapon, assault and failure to comply with the conditions of an undertaking.

He was held in custody and is scheduled to appear in court later on Thursday.

The named of the accused was not released in order to protect the identity of the victim, police said.


Source: Read Full Article

Paul McCartney Calls Upon Texas A’n’M University to Stop Experiments on Dogs

In a letter he addressed to president Michael K. Young, The Beatles member expressed his heart break over the suffering of dogs in the college’s muscular dystrophy laboratory.

AceShowbizPaul McCartney has urged Texas A&M University president Michael K. Young to end the college’s muscular dystrophy experiments on dogs.

After watching a PETA video that features golden retrievers, bred with crippling muscular dystrophy, struggling to “walk, swallow, and even breathe”, the animal-loving rocker fired off a letter to Young following his recent gig in the state.

The famous vegetarian writes: “When I was on tour in Texas this month, I was shocked to learn about muscular dystrophy experiments on dogs at TAMU’s campus. I appeal to you to stop allowing this cruelty and to release the animals for adoption into loving homes. My friends at PETA are standing by to help.”

“The video footage of golden retrievers in your university’s dog laboratory is heartbreaking. I have had dogs since I was a boy and loved them all dearly, including Martha, who was my companion for about 15 years and about whom I wrote the song ‘Martha My Dear’.”

“Please do the right thing by ending the suffering of dogs in TAMU’s muscular dystrophy laboratory and switching to modern research methods instead.”

Source: Read Full Article

Rocket Mortgage Classic live blog: Updates from PGA Tour event in Detroit

The PGA Tour returns to Michigan for the first time in a decade Thursday when play begins in the inaugural Rocket Mortgage Classic at Detroit Golf Club.

The North Course was designed by Donald Ross and first opened for play in 1916. It plays this week at par-72 and 7,334 yards. The layout allows for the possibility of some scary-low scores on the front nine.

"28? Anyone?"

Tiger Woods won the Buick Open finale a decade ago. That PGA Tour mainstay from 1958-2009 was last played about an hour to the northwest of Detroit in Grand Blanc Township.

Tiger is not walking through the gallery ropes this week. But the Rocket Mortgage Classic still features some worthy notables including Dustin Johnson, Gary Woodland, Bubba Watson, and, of course, Mr. Subtle Buried Elephant Himself, Rickie Fowler.

Follow our live blog and news feed right here all day.

Rickie Fowler tees it up at the Rocket Mortgage Classic. (Photo: Dylan Buell, Getty images)

TV/Streaming Info

Thursday

Golf Channel: 3-6 p.m.

PGA Tour Live: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.

PGA Tour Radio (Sirius 208/XM 92): 12-6 p.m.

Updates from the event 

Source: Read Full Article

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Planning Trip To South Africa Amid Rumors Of A Move

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are going to South Africa this fall, Buckingham Palace announced in a press release on Thursday. 

The statement added that the Duke of Sussex will also visit other countries in the region, including Angola, Malawi and Botswana. 

Baby Archie will make the trip as well, according to a message on the couple’s Instagram account that said they were “excited” about the upcoming visit. 

“The Duke and Duchess are really looking forward to meeting so many of you on the ground and continuing to raise awareness of the high impact work local communities are doing across the commonwealth and beyond,” the caption said on Thursday, accompanying a photo of the duke and duchess beaming.

“This will be their first official tour as a family!” it added. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

Botswana, in particular, is a very special place for the couple, as it’s where the two traveled together early on in their relationship. Harry spoke about their time together during the couple’s first interview after their engagement with BBC. 

“I managed to persuade her to come and join me in Botswana, and we camped out with each other under the stars,” Harry said. 

“She came and joined me for five days out there, which was absolutely fantastic, so then we were really by ourselves, which I think was crucial to me to make sure we had a chance to get to know each other.”

Harry even sourced the main diamond of Meghan’s engagement ring from the country. 

The confirmation of the trip comes months after rumors circulated that the new parents were moving to Africa amid allegations of a feud between Harry and Prince William. 

Buckingham Palace didn’t deny the rumors in a statement provided to HuffPost in April, though the recent announcement confirms it’s just a trip at the moment. 

“Any future plans for The Duke and Duchess are speculative at this stage. No decisions have been taken about future roles,” the palace said in April. “The Duke will continue to fulfill his role as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador.” 

A Sunday Times report in April first speculated that Harry and Meghan were either going to Canada or Africa.

“In some ways, it would suit William to get his brother out of the country for a few years and Meghan as far away as possible,” an unidentified source told the paper at the time.

Another source told the Sunday Times that “There are discussions in palace circles about how do we harness Harry and Meghan and this tremendous global attention they get.”

Subscribe to HuffPost’s Watching the Royals newsletter for all things Windsor (and beyond).

  • Meghan Markle Made Some Gorgeous Changes To Her Engagement Ring
  • Kate Middleton's Black And White Outfit Is Elegance At Its Finest
  • Meghan Markle Joins Prince Harry For First Royal Event Since Archie's Birth

BEFORE YOU GO


Source: Read Full Article