Chelsea vs Zenit St Petersburg LIVE: Stream FREE, score, TV channel and teams – Champions League latest updates
CHELSEA begin the defence of their Champions League title with a home clash against Russian side Zenit.
The Blues beat Man City in last year's final and have landed in a tough group which also features Juventus and Malmo.
- Kick-off time: 8pm BST
- TV channel: BT Sport 2
- Chelsea XI: To follow
- Zenit XI: To follow
Follow ALL the latest with our live blog below…
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
What TV channel is it on and can I live stream?
- Chelsea vs Zenit will be shown live on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport Ultimate.
- You can live stream a radio broadcast of the game on TalkSport.
Can I watch for FREE?
- EE customers can get BT Sport INCLUDED to their plan at no extra cost if they are on a plan with Smart Benefits – simply log in to EE and choose BT Sport app.
- And then get it on the big screen by texting SPORT to 150 to get a FREE three-month trial of large screen so you can cast all the action on your TV.
- At the end of the three months you will automatically roll onto the £15 per month subscription unless cancelled.
What is the team news?
N'Golo Kante remains a serious doubt for this Champions League opener, while Christian Pulisic remains sidelined.
Thiago Silva will feature though after his suspension was overturned, while Saul Niguez might fall back to bench after a tough debut.
Magomed Ozdoyev is set to miss out for the visitors, along with centre-half Dmitri Chistyakov.
Prolific striker Sardar Azmoun looks set to lead the line as he searches for a sixth goal of the season.
- Sam Dymond
BRING ON THE CHAMPIONS
It’s been just 108 days since Chelsea conquered Europe with a 1-0 win over Manchester City in Porto. Tonight, the defence of their title begins.
Welcome to West London for our live coverage of the Blues’ opening game in Group H of the Champions League, a home match with Zenit Saint Petersburg.
Thomas Tuchel’s team have picked up where they left off at the Estadio do Dragao in May, unbeaten at the start of this new season, having already added the UEFA Super Cup to their trophy cabinet.
The return of Romelu Lukaku has elevated expectations to even greater heights at Stamford Bridge, and a rejuvenated Chelsea are now forecasted to challenge for silverware on all fronts.
A visit from the Russian champions will be a testing start to the continental campaign, but the Premier League club are overwhelming favourites to see off Zenit, and then top a group that also includes Juventus and Malmo.
Source: Read Full Article