Kevin Spacey won’t be charged in sexual assault case after accuser dies

Kevin Spacey won’t be charged in a sexual assault case in the US, after the accuser died recently.

The anonymous massage therapist filed claims in September 2018 that he had been sexually assaulted by the actor in 2016 in a private residence in Malibu.

The individual was suing Spacey as ‘John Doe’, and alleged that he had been forced to grab the actor’s genitals twice during a massage.

The actor had been pushing for the courts to reveal the plaintiff’s identity but a month after a federal judge refused Spacey’s request, the plaintiff’s attorney informed Spacey that their client ‘recently passed’ in September 2019.

Now the LA County District Attorney’s Office has rejected the case because the alleged victim passed away during their investigation.

They had not reached a decision before the accuser passed away and according to reports, without a victim, the DA said the case could not be proven.

TMZ claimed the man died of natural causes a few weeks ago, while Variety reported he died from cancer.

The publication reported Christina Buckley, the head deputy in the DA’s sex crimes unit stated: ‘During the course of the investigation, the victim passed away.

‘The sexual assault allegations cannot be proved without the participation of the victim. Thus, the case was declined.’

Spacey has been accused of misconduct by several men including actor Anthony Rapp who alleged he was 14 when Spacey, then 26, made a sexual advance to him in 1986.

Spacey said he did not remember such an encounter with Rapp but apologised if the allegations were true.

The actor has, in turn, denied them all; he was fired from Netflix drama House Of Cards following the allegations.

Spacey also faces six allegations of sexual assault in the UK between 1996 and 2013; the inquiries are ongoing.

He was voluntarily interviewed under caution in May 2019. In July, prosecutors in the US dropped a case accusing the actor of groping a teenager at a bar in 2016, which he denied.

Got a showbiz story?

If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article

Jarrod McLean charged with EPO doping of horse

Trainer Jarrod McLean faces a life ban from racing after being charged for doping-related offences and serious misconduct.

Racing Victoria stewards allege McLean administered the endurance-boosting drug EPO to former jumper Cats Fun some time between August 2009 and August 2014, after six syringes were seized by police at his Yangery home in a January 30 search.

Jarrod McLean has been charged with doping offences.Credit:AAP

Traces of EPO were found in two syringes that were tested and Cats Fun's blood was found on the needle of one. The other four syringes weren't tested. Cats Fun never tested positive to EPO in a raceday test.

The six syringes, labelled "Eprex 10,000", were found in McLean's bedroom drawer, tied with a yellow rubber band.

McLean told authorities the EPO was for "personal use" before DNA testing linked the syringes to one of his former horses.

Erythropoietin, a substance that boosts the amount of oxygen that can be absorbed by blood, can enhance aerobic capacity and staying power in a thoroughbred.

McLean had unsuccessfully challenged the legality of Victoria Police sharing with Racing Victoria material obtained under a criminal warrant in the Victorian Supreme Court.

Justice Melinda Richards on Friday dismissed his injunction application, saying there was no basis to stop Racing Victoria from using that information to charge McLean with doping offences.

Stewards on Wednesday charged McLean with administration of a prohibited substance to affect race performance, possession of a prohibited substance, corruption, dishonesty and misleading behaviour and conduct prejudicial to the image of racing. The doping charges laid on Wednesday are unrelated to criminal charges McLean was already facing.

Cats Fun was trained by McLean between 2009 and 2013 before shifting to trainer Darren Weir in 2014, then back to McLean for the last two races of his career.

He recorded five wins from 45 starts including a home-town victory for McLean in the 2013 Brierly, a gruelling 3450-metre steeplechase event worth $100,000, which is run as part of the Warrnambool carnival.

McLean has already been stood down indefinitely from training after failing to answer questions at a stewards inquiry earlier this month related to criminal charges of animal cruelty. He will likely be called back to face stewards again, after any Magistrates Court ruling.

The Age earlier this month revealed allegations that stablehand Tyson Kermond "jiggered" Red Cardinal in Weir's Warrnambool stables while Weir and McLean watched on in the weekend prior to last year's Melbourne Cup.

The former Weir foreman is due to return to the Melbourne Magistrates Court in February to face those animal cruelty and corrupt conduct charges, unrelated to Wednesday's doping charges.

Weir is serving a four-year ban from racing after pleading no contest at a Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board hearing to possessing the jiggers and conduct prejudicial to racing. This ban is unrelated to the criminal charges that Weir is facing.

Source: Read Full Article

England CHARGED by Uefa after disgraceful Bulgaria racism for booing national anthem and ‘insufficient stewards’ – The Sun

ENGLAND have also been charged by Uefa after the disgusting racism witnessed in Sofia last night.

The Three Lions face charges of disrupting the national anthem as well as providing 'insufficient stewards' .



Bulgaria have also been charged by Uefa with racist behaviour, throwing objects and disrupting the national anthem.

England's players were subjected to vile racist abuse during last night's Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia and now European football's governing body has taken action on both nations.

The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body but the date of the meeting is yet to be confirmed.

Bulgaria are believed to be looking at a potential two-match ground closure and a fine in the region of £70,000.

While England are likely to be given a warning or a small fine over their charges.

Fifa also released a statement in reaction to the charges (below).

Earlier today, Bulgarian Football Association boss Borislav Mikhailov dramatically resigned after his country's night of racist shame.

Just hours after Mikhailov's resignation, police raided the Bulgarian FA's headquarters.

Charges against Bulgarian Football Union

 – Racist behaviour (chants, Nazi salutes) – Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

– Throwing of objects – Art. 16 (2) (b) DR

– Disruption of national anthem – Art. 16 (2) (g) DR

– Replays on giant screen – Art. 42 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Bulgaria Prime Minister Boyko Borisov demanded Mikhailov step down this morning after fans racially abused Three Lions stars last night – and Raheem Sterling backed the calls.

The PM got his wish when Mikhailov quit – after a section of home fans performed sick monkey chants and Nazi salutes.

An official statement on the Bulgaria FA website read: "After many years spent in the post and with his many contacts at a high international level, Mr Mikhailov expresses his firm readiness to continue to help the development of Bulgarian football in every way possible."

Earlier in the day, Bulgaria's Minister for Sport, Krasen Kralev, revealed the Bulgarian PM had vowed to cut all ties with national football bosses unless Mikhailov quit.

Charges against the English FA

– Disruption of national anthem – Art. 16 (2) DR

– Insufficient number of travelling stewards – Art. 24 (2) of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

WHAT HAPPENED IN SOFIA?

  • Raheem Sterling and Tyrone Mings were targeted with sick racist abuse
  • Sterling hits back at racists with brilliant Ainsley Harriott GIF tweet
  • Marcus Rashford praises captain Ivelin Popov after he begs fans to stop
  • Bulgaria boss sensationally claims he didn’t hear racist abuse 
  • Mings reveals he first heard racial abuse during warm-up 
  • Bulgarian media tell Gareth Southgate to ‘f*** off’ 
  • England fans sing ‘Who put the ball in the racists’ net?’
  • England go on to win crucial Euros qualification tie 6-0
  • Bulgaria PM tells FA chief to quit over race attack.. and gets backed by Sterling
  • Bulgaria player tells England racist abuse they suffered was ‘pre-planned’
  • Goalkeeper Iliev praises home fans and says England stars overreacted

Kralev said: "A little while ago, the Prime Minister called me urgently.

"You know that in the last four years, the government has done a lot for the development of Bulgarian football.

"But after the recent events, having in mind the whole state of football, after yesterday's incidents, the Prime Minister has ordered me from today to suspend any relations with the football union, including financial ones, until the resignation of Borislav Mikhailov."

And Sterling was quick to praise Borisov, tweeting: "A good move credits to you M. Borissov."

England's Euro 2020 clash with Bulgaria was halted twice by match officials after Raheem Sterling and Tyrone Mings were racially abused by sections of the Sofia crowd.

Bizarrely, manager Krasimir Balakov said he didn't hear any abuse – with goalkeeper Plamen Iliev adding to the delusional claim.

Horrendously, Iliev said: "If I am honest, I believe they [the fans] behaved well today.

“There wasn’t any abuse [as far as I could hear] and I think they [the England players] overreacted a bit.

"The public was on a good level – I didn’t hear any bad language used towards their or our players.”

Fifa statement following racist incidents in Bulgaria

Following changes made to its Disciplinary Code in June 2019, FIFA may extend worldwide any sanctions that a Confederation or Member Association imposes for racist incidents, such as those which occurred in Sofia during the UEFA EURO 2020 qualifier match between Bulgaria and England.

FIFA therefore expects to be informed as soon as practicable regarding the relevant decisions of the UEFA disciplinary bodies in relation to this particular case.

This would allow any sanctions imposed to be extended worldwide.

FIFA President Gianni Infantino: “So many times we say there is no place for racism in football, but nonetheless we still face challenges to tackle this problem in our sport, as we do in society.

"We will need the support of public authorities to help us identify and punish the culprits but we probably also need to think more broadly on what we can do to fix this.

"When we proposed the three step procedure in 2009 when I was at UEFA, and then made the Regulations even tougher a few years later, we could not have imagined that so shortly thereafter we would again be having to think of how to combat this obnoxious disease that seems to be getting even worse in some parts of the world.”

He added: “I call on all football governing bodies to join us and think together of new, stronger and more effective ways to eradicate racism in football.

"As a starting point, I suggest that all competition organizers enact Regulations which envisage life bans from stadiums for those who are found guilty of racist behaviour at a football match.

"FIFA can then enforce such bans at a worldwide level.”

Source: Read Full Article

Church bingo players charged with cheating

It was a bingo bunco.

Two New Jersey women are in trouble for trying to game the system during a round of church bingo.

Teresa Davis, 71, and Keasha Brockington, 38, tried to claim the nearly $200 prize Thursday at Saint Maria Goretti Church Hall, claiming they had the winning card — until a volunteer noticed one of the winning numbers was taped over another.

The Camden residents were charged with improper behavior under a borough ordinance.

A church official said it’s the first time in 20 years there’s been an issue at the bingo games.

A message left for Davis wasn’t immediately returned and a working number for Brockington couldn’t be found.

With Post wires

Source: Read Full Article

3 charged with providing drugs that killed rapper Mac Miller

Three men are charged with providing cocaine and counterfeit prescription drugs that killed Mac Miller, 26 – and the trio face LIFE behind if found guilty

  • Cameron Pettit, Stephen Walter and Ryan Reavis have been formally charged with providing the drugs that killed rapper Mac Miller
  • Miller, 26, died on September 7 2018 following an accidental overdose of cocaine, alcohol and fentanyl at his Los Angeles home 
  • Miller allegedly purchased oxycodene pills from Petit  two days before he died, without realizing that they contained fentanyl  
  • Each of the men are now facing the prospect of life in prison if found guilty 

Three men arrested during the investigation into rapper Mac Miller’s deadly overdose have now been formally charged with providing the drugs that killed him.

A grand jury indictment unsealed in Los Angeles on Wednesday accuses the men of conspiring and distributing cocaine and oxycodone pills laced with fentanyl that caused Miller’s death in September 2018.

Cameron Pettit, 28, Stephen Walter, 46, and Ryan Reavis, 36, have each been charged with conspiring to distribute controlled substances resulting in death, and distribution of fentanyl resulting in death.

 Each charge carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years and potential max of life without parole.

Miller, 26, died of an accidental overdose of the powerful opioid fentanyl, along with cocaine and alcohol.  Fentanyl has contributed to an epidemic of opioid abuse in the U.S. that has claimed thousands of lives, including those of other musicians, like Prince.  

Three men have now been formally charged with supplying the drugs that killed rapper Mac Miller in September 2018  


Ryan Reavis (left) and Cameron James Pettit (right) have both been charged for providing the drugs that caused Miller’s death

The unsealed indictment – which is 12 pages long – alleges that Walter supplied the fentanyl and cocaine that Pettit sold to Miller, while Reavis acted as a middleman

No photographs of Walter have been published by the press.  

On September 5 2018 – two days before he died – Miller allegedly purchased cocaine, Xanax and 10 blue pills that appeared to be oxycodone from Petit. 

In texts purportedly written by Miller to Petit, the rapper proclaimed his love for oxycodone, or ‘percs’ for the brand name Percocet. 

However, the oxycodene pills he is said to have purchased were counterfeit, and actually contained fentanyl – a synthetic opioid 50 times more potent than heroin. 

Miller was found dead by his assistant at his Los Angeles home on September 7.  

A picture of the drugs given to Miller just days before his death, according to court documents

 Miller was found dead by his assistant at his Los Angeles home on September 7 2018

Both Reavis and Walter have criminal records involving drugs, according to the indictment.  

In another set of text messages included in the indictment, Reavis worried in a text about undercover police buying drugs.

‘People have been dying from fake blues left and right,’ the message said, ‘you better believe law enforcement is using informant informants and undercover to buy them on the street so they can start putting ppl in prison for life for selling fake pills.’

Reavis, who was arrested last week in Arizona, does not have an arraignment date set yet.

Meanwhile, Pettit and Walter, are scheduled to be arraigned on the charges on October 10.   

Two days before his death Miller allegedly purchased cocaine, Xanax and 10 blue pills that appeared to be oxycodone. Unbeknownst to him, the pills were laced with fentanyl

Miller’s beats and rhymes, with their frank expressions of drug use and depression, made him a beloved and respected figure among fans, including some of the biggest names in hip-hop.

The Pittsburgh native, whose real name was Malcolm James Myers McCormick, was in a two-year relationship with Ariana Grande that ended earlier in 2018. After his death, the pop star posted a loving video of him on her Instagram page and released a song, ‘Thank U Next,’ that affectionately mentioned him.

Three months after his death, Miller was posthumously nominated for a 2019 Grammy Award for Best Rap Album for his highly-acclaimed LP, Swimming.  

Miller was in a two-year relationship with Ariana Grande that ended shortly before his death. The pair are pictured together in 2016 

Source: Read Full Article

Teenagers charged as Australia’s bushfires continue

Two teenagers have been charged in connection with one of the dozens of bushfires devastating parts of Australia.

The 14-year-old boy and 15-year-old girl are accused of deliberately lighting a fire that destroyed one home, severely damaged another, and ripped through bushland near the Queensland town of Peregian Beach.

Police say the pair were among a group of teenagers who had gathered in bushland on Monday afternoon at the time the fire was lit.

Hundreds of residents were forced to flee their homes in the Sunshine Coast community and it was two days before the fire was under control and they were able to return.

There are still around 70 fires burning in Queensland.

Neil Gallant, from Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, told ABC radio: “Be ready for the worst because this is going to be a very long season.”

Mr Gallant said about 100 firefighters were expected from other states to relieve Queensland crews that had been working “day and night for a week”.

There are also 320 firefighters battling 50 fires in neighbouring New South Wales.

Fourteen of those are uncontained, according to the state’s Rural Fire Service.

Nine homes have been lost in New South Wales and 17 in Queensland, 9 News reported.

The weather is about to make things more difficult, with fire danger to increase during Thursday and Friday.

Diana Eadie, a meteorologist at Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology, said: “Very high fire dangers could result in renewed fire activity over fire sites in New South Wales from Thursday and Queensland from Friday.

“Dry and gusty conditions have hampered firefighting efforts in recent days, however more recently we’ve seen a return of south to south-easterly winds with moisture gradually extending inland yesterday and today.

“This lull in fire dangers, however, will only be brief with temperatures beginning to climb again from Thursday. These warmer conditions will be accompanied by a freshening of the south to south-westerly winds, resulting in very high fire dangers over fire-affected areas in northeast New South Wales.

“These stronger winds will extend into Queensland by Friday, with fire dangers increasing across the south east.”

It comes as much of eastern Australia struggles with drought, meaning there is little water for things other than fighting the fires.

According to the Australian Broadcasting Corp, 97% of New South Wales and 65% of Queensland are in drought, with authorities encouraging firefighters to use dry firefighting methods where possible.

Source: Read Full Article