Coronation Street and Emmerdale shut down filming due to Covid-19

Coronation Street and Emmerdale have been forced to shut down filming temporarily for rewrites and cleaning and safety updates surrounding Covid-19.

Members of the team at Emmerdale tested positive for coronavirus and through the strict protocols and Test and Trace app, those involved were self isolating.

After a deep clean, filming is set to resume next week.

Over at Coronation Street, changes to storylines in the wake of the pandemic led to a decision to take a fortnight off filming for safety and storylining updates.

It will not impact either shows ability to put out six episodes.

A spokesperson for Coronation Street said: ‘We will also be taking the opportunity to review all health and safety requirements to ensure we continue to provide a safe working environment for the cast, crew and production team.

‘This pause in filming won’t affect our ability to deliver six episodes of Coronation Street each week.’

An Emmerdale spokesperson said: ‘We paused filming on Emmerdale last week due to some members of the team testing positive for Covid 19.

‘We’ve carried out proper track and trace measures on those cases and undertook intensive cleaning of the production building, whilst reinforcing the health and safety protocols we have in place.

‘We’re returning to filming from this Monday, 25 January. This pause in filming will have no impact on our ability to continue to broadcast six episodes of Emmerdale each week.’

Source: Read Full Article