Simon Cowell plotting The X Factor 2022 comeback ‘with changes’
Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter lets Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes every Sunday
Simon Cowell is said to be planning how to give The X Factor a major revamped return for 2022.
The music mogul is keen to keep exact plans top secret but is keen to think outside the box.
Reports claim Cowell is even considering a hybrid model with online streaming.
An insider has teased how the businessman is currently brainstorming ideas.
An insider said: “Simon wants to keep everyone on his sets safe and let 2021 play out.
"But he feels, after a much-needed break, X Factor 2022 will be good to go, with some changes."
They added to The Sun on Sunday: "He’s asked his team to examine what TV formats could be ready by next year and feels channels and streaming platforms are in need of new ideas and there are opportunities to shape the future of TV."
Amanda Holden 'reported to police' after making 200 mile trip in lockdown
A rep for X Factor has been contacted by Daily Star for comment.
The standard edition of X Factor has been off air since 2018 when Dalton Harris won the show.
Since then Dalton is yet to release an album.
His debut single a cover of The Power of Love featuring James Arthur leaked at number 4 in the UK and number one on the Scottish charts.
In 2019 Simon shook things up by resting the standard series in favour of Celebrity: X Factor as well as bumping up a planned 2020 series of X Factor: The Band to kick off straight after the celeb edition.
Little Mix's first single after Jesy Nelson exit leaks online prompting investigation
Celebrity X Factor was won by The Only Way Is Essex starlet Megan McKenna.
Last year Daily Star revealed how her winning X Factor record deal was dropped by Sony Music after Simon decided to close Syco music.
In July 2020 Simon Cowell bought out Sony Music Entertainment’s stake in their joint venture talent and production company.
As part of the deal Sony Music retained control of Syco Music's assets including it's roster and back catalog.
The Masked Singer Sausage unmasked as Joss Stone after winning the show
In a blow to Megan Sony decided not to continue working with the for Celebs Go Dating star.
A source told Daily Star at the time: "It's gutting for Megan.
"Simon championed her but with the closure of Syco Music she is no longer with Sony.
"Megan met with Warner Music earlier this month and hopes she can get her music career back on track."
Simon is currently recovering from spinal surgery after a horror crash off his electric bike left him millimetres from being paralysed.
He had hoped he would be fit enough to return to the Covid delayed Britain's Got Talent finals last year but under medical orders he remained at home.
Instead, Diversity star Ashley Banjo stood in for him on the judging panel alongside Amanda Holden, David Walliams and Alesha Dixon.
- Simon Cowell
- X Factor
Source: Read Full Article