Man City star Benjamin Mendy will stand trial accused of four counts of rape and one sexual assault

MANCHESTER City star Benjamin Mendy will go on trial next year accused of rape and sexual assault against three different women.

The left-back, 27, is charged with raping a woman three times at his home in October last year. 



Mendy allegedly raped a second woman last month while he was on police bail.

The French international is also accused of sexually assaulting a female in January at his home and breaking his bail conditions.

The four counts of rape and one of sexual assault relate to three different women, it is said.

They allegedly took place between October last year and August and all the women are over the age of 16.

Mendy, who is in custody, appeared at Chester Crown Court today for a brief hearing.

The City star, who wore a beige jumper and tracksuit bottoms, did not enter a formal plea but his barrister previously stated he strenuously denies the allegations.

A provisional trial expecting to last two-and-a-half weeks was set for January 24.

His co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, appeared in the dock alongside Mendy and will stand trial on the same date.

Matturie, who is described as Mendy’s “runner”, is charged with four counts of rape.

Both were remanded in custody ahead of a hearing on November 15.

Premier League champions Man City spent a reported £49.2million signing Mendy from French side Monaco in 2017.

He last played for the club on August 15 during their 1-0 defeat to Tottenham at the start of the season.

In September last year City boss Pep Guardiola revealed Mendy would be out of the game for at least a month due to an injury.

In a statement, the club said: “Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.

“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”




    Source: Read Full Article