Police block access to Prince Philip hospital as officers arrive on motorbikes
The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Police have blocked access for vehicles to the hospital where Prince Philip has been staying.
The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, has been recovering from a heart procedure at the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in central London.
Four police officers arrived on motorbikes to join a dozen at the entrance on Tuesday morning, March 16.
The duke has now spent a month in hospital under the care of medical staff after originally being admitted with a non-Covid related infection.
It is his longest ever stay in hospital.
He was admitted to the hospital on February 16.
And he was moved two weeks later to St Bartholomew’s Hospital, also in central London, for a medical procedure for a pre-existing heart condition.
The successful procedure was carried out on March 3, just three months before his 100th birthday.
Philip, the Queen’s husband and the nation's longest-serving consort, was later moved back to King Edward VII’s Hospital.
The duke had been spending the latest lockdown at Windsor Castle with the Queen for their safety.
Prince Charles, his son, visited him in hospital for about 30 minutes on February 20.
Prince William’s message to Prince Harry after bombshell Oprah interview
The Queen has not been to visit him.
But she paid a touching tribute in her Commonwealth Day message on March 7, when she displayed a brooch she wore on her honeymoon.
Since he was admitted to hospital, the monarchy has been plunged into crisis after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The chat, which aired earlier this month, saw the couple claim a royal had expressed concern over "how dark" their son Archie's skin might be.
Meghan and Harry 'deliberately turned down' Earl of Dumbarton title for Archie
Oprah later confirmed it was not the Queen or Prince Philip who had made the remark.
Buckingham Palace issued a statement following the explosive claims, saying issues will be dealt with "privately".
The statement, issued on behalf of the Queen, said: "The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
"While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately."
Prince William later hit back at the claims, saying: "We are very much not a racist family."
Meghan also said she had contacted the Queen when she heard about the duke's hospital admission.
- Prince Philip
- Royal Family
Source: Read Full Article