Thomas Markle to appear on Good Morning Britain tomorrow after Meghan accused him of 'betrayal' in Oprah interview
THOMAS Markle will appear on Good Morning Britain after his daughter's explosive interview with Oprah is aired in the UK tonight.
Meghan Markle's estranged father will appear on the ITV programme tomorrow morning after his daughter said she had felt betrayed by him.
? Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
Announcing the interview, Piers Morgan said on Twitter: "Meghan Markle trashed her dad on US TV today.
"On tomorrow's Good Morning Britain,Thomas Markle will give his first exclusive interview in response."
In her candid interview with Oprah, the Duchess of Sussex opened up about her relationship with her dad Thomas and said she was left feeling crushed when he lied to her about not talking to the media.
In the latest part of the jaw-dropping interview released today, Meghan said she tried to “protect” her parents from the “media frenzy” sparked due to an “obsession about anything in my world”.
It is the first time Meghan has publicly discussed her dad, who she has not spoken to since before her wedding to Prince Harry in May 2018.
Thomas, an ex-Hollywood lighting director, has spoken about her daughter’s relationship publicly and described their decision to walk away from the royals as embarrassing.
Their relationship soured in the run-up to their 2018 Windsor Castle wedding, when he admitted agreeing to stage pictures of himself.
Meghan was asked if it felt like a “betrayal” when she found out her dad was working with the Press, and replied: “I’m trying to decide if I'm comfortable even talking about that.
“It was… if we were going to use the word betrayal.”
Meghan added: “Because when I asked him, when we were told by the comms team, this is a story that was going to be coming out, which, by the way, the tabloids had apparently known for a month or so and decided to hold until the Sunday before our wedding because they wanted to create drama, which is also a really key point in all this.
“We called my dad and I asked him and he said, no, absolutely not.
“I said, you know, the institution has never intervened for anything for us, but they can try to go in and kill this story.
“But if they do this once, we're not going to be able to use that same leverage to protect our own kids one day.”
Oprah then said: “He said no, absolutely not. He hadn't been talking to them. So he basically lied to you.”
Meghan added: “Well, and so when I said we won't be able to protect our own kids one day and I said, so I just need you to tell me.
“And if you tell me the truth, we can help. And he wasn't able to do that. And that for me has really resonated, especially now as a mother.”
The new unseen clip comes as:
- Meghan and Harry claim Queen CANCELLED post-Megxit overnight stay
- Meghan broke down as she revealed 'I didn't want to live anymore'
- Meghan claimed Kate made HER cry in row over flower girl dress
- Harry and Meghan married three days before their wedding
- Archie 'wasn't made a prince after talks about his skin colour'
- Pregnant Meghan revealed she is expecting a GIRL
- The 39-year-old told Oprah the Queen was 'always wonderful to me'
- Prince Harry said his brother is 'trapped' in the Royal Family
- A body language expert revealed Harry 'suppressed anger'
- Meghan 'left gutted when the Queen would not let her and Harry live in a wing at Windsor Castle'
- Archie's favourite word is 'hydrate' the proud parents revealed
- Princess Diana would’ve been ‘very angry about how this panned out’, says Prince Harry
- The Queen and Prince Philip were NOT the royals who expressed concern about Archie's skin colour, an expert has said
- Meghan Markle reveals Fergie taught her how to curtsy and claims she never Googled Harry before they met
She added: “And also me saying just full stop, if we use this to protect you, (we) won't be able to protect our own children one day.
“Well, I'm talking about your grandchildren.
“I look at Archie. I think about this child and I genuinely can't imagine doing anything to intentionally cause pain to my child.
“I can't imagine it. So it's hard for me to reconcile that.”
She said that “everyone has accountability” and mentioned her mother not responding to interview requests when asked.
Meghan added: “Everyone has accountability. Look, they hunted my mom down. You’ve never heard her say a word.
“She’s remained in silent dignity for four years watching me go through this.”
It comes after the first part of the bombshell chat saw Meghan accuse an unnamed royal of racism – plunging the monarchy into crisis.
Appearing vulnerable at times, Meghan revealed that she contemplated taking her own life while pregnant.
She also claimed her son Archie wasn't made a prince after "concerns and conversations" about "how dark" his skin would be when he was born.
Some of their claims left the talk-show host visibly stunned and she was heard gasping throughout the interview.
Thomas has never met his son-in-law Harry or his 22-month-old grandson.
Source: Read Full Article